Tuesday 28 July 2009

Tuesday 28th July 2009 - The day Grace's wipers were on too fast

Well, what a day! Grace stayed over last night because she was taking me to Bolton this morning for my theory test, so we got up at 7 and got ourselves ready to go as my test was at 9 and I wanted to be there in good time. Well, we managed to lose the town centre of Bolton, and with only ten minutes left to spare I dashed out of the car at traffic lights and sprinted towards the area I thought the test centre would be. There was no way I was going to be late for this. I have had too much bad luck recently to be denied this chance, so I sprinted like no-one alive into the abyss. With literally seconds to spare I crashed into the test centre and slammed my documents on the counter, man bag in tow, panting like a shagging wolf.

Well, I did the test and got 49 out of 50 (I'm furious) and passed happily. To celebrate we decided to go for McDonalds breakfast which is better than I remember. Why is everything that is bad for you so delicious... McDonalds, biscuit and raisin Yorkies, Radon... everything. Over breakfast, we decided that the next most sensible thing to do was to go bowling, and so we did. I won at that, which I was rather proud of, mostly due to the fact that I've been walking round all day like I shat myself! A horrible trainer at the gym called Will decided he was going to give me a taste of hell by forcing me to do lots of silly circuit training type things. Dick. He really hurt me. So trying to bowl was but a challenge.

The next task was slightly less involving, as we decided to Bingo ourselves. I went back to my old workplace, Gala Bingo in Blackburn. It was like stepping into a time warp. Everything was pretty much the same as it was 9 years ago! And, much like then, I didn't win anything! Never mind. It was fun, in a 'wish I were dead' kind of way. I had to go to the gym afterwards, which did NOT tickle my fancies as I couldn't move by this point, but decided to give it a crack anyway. I thought a nice relaxing workout would do me good... until Will returned. He made me do all sorts of things I didn't want to, obviously getting some sort of kick out of watching me suffer. So now I can't move again. Bad times.

By the way, the title of the blog relates to us sat in traffic witha light drizzle falling. Grace had her wipers on, but at a ridiculous pace which we both failed to nitice for about ten minutes. Maybe I shouldn;t have passed my theory after all! Theoretically!

Peace out kids,
Mart. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment