Sunday 19 July 2009

Saturday 18th July 2009 - Well and Truely Warmed

So, yesterday (as you probably guessed) I didn't really have all the time in the world to update the blog... or clog as I may start calling it. My predictive text calls it that. I'm sure the reasoning for predictive text is to speed up the texting process, so why then does it have the exact opposite effect on me and slows me down!? And why do I continue to use it.

My mum stl uses old fshnd txt msging n wen she txts me this is all i get. I cnnt
read it 1/2 the time.

Anyway. The reason I didn't get time to update is thus; After work I went straight home and ate fish, chips and, rather bizarrely in reterospect, ribs. Then it was straight into the car and off to Darwen (my home town!). We were swapping some bottles of red (yuck) for bottles of white (yummy) with mother who was in the pub with brother Andrew (sounds like he's a monk... he's not, he's a tosser) who we also had to visit to borrow a Guitar Hero controller for the Wii. So, we went to the pub, picked up mother, took her home and swapped wines. Then took mother back to the pub, picked up Andrew who we took home and got the Wii remote. Then went for petrol but the whole of planet earth was waiting for petrol, so in our infinite wisdom we decided to drive to the other side of town to the other station. This one was closed for re-fuelling so we went to the third one. As we approached we saw the Shell lorry just pulling into the forecourt. "OH NO YOU FUCKING DON'T", we screamed and managed to squeeze in there before he pumped up the gas!






After the fuel saga, it was time to go to our Housewarming party. Stu and Hannah have new digs and wanted to toast it's health, and who am I to decline!? So, we picked up Jonathan and Jo on the way and necked a few bevvies. Jonathan seemed to have a good time as he got ridiculously drunk and fell over in the living room twice, dancing to Michael Jackson! Silly boy!


I'll admit, I was quite drunk myself, and completely undelighted when my alarm went off at 9am after about 4 hours sleep, because I had to go to work! Boo! I'm helping a friend with some book-keeping (don't wait up!) and I said I'd be there at ten. Great idea. Rough? You've never seen rough like it. Back to bed in the afternoon for a nap, then off to one of my favourite haunts for birthday celebrations. Good old Frankie and Bennies! Can't beat a good burger from FnB's. Must say happy birthday to Miss Vicki Rice who got a Victoria sponge cake because that's her name. In my book that makes her agonisingly close to receiving rice cakes too, but perhaps that's my warped humour.


I just need to quickly bring this to your attention. It's something I've become involved with recently and if you're around my local area it's worth looking at and showing your support to. Recently there's been too many incidents involving innocent young people being attacked by other youths for no reason. This has to stop. It has already resulted in more than one death and this is entirely unacceptable and inexcusable. Nobody has the right to take away anybody elses hopes, aspirations, abilities and dreams. Nobody has, in any circumstance, the right to take someone elses life and I for one will voice my opinions and show my support to make our local area a safer place. And if I ever get the platform I will do the same for the rest of the world. It is unfair and must be tackled respectfully but immediately. Thanks extended to Kirk for showing the initiative to take action.




Ok. Said my peace for now! I'm off to enjoy cleaning my bathroom! I'll be back to update you on how that task went very shortly. In the meantime here's a picture of me when I was fat with the Stereophonics, who were never fat!





BY THE WAY! If you can, please subscribe to the blogs. Loads of you have told me now that you're enjoying reading them and it would be great if I can reflect this in official figures! So sign up, it only takes a couple of seconds, and as far as I've been told, you don't get loads of annoying emails about it! Besides I'm only updating once a day on average! God loves ya! M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment